Study at home learning to become an Accountant.
If you want a career in Accounting, our supported home study Accounting course provides the necessary knowledge, skills and entry level qualification without disrupting your current lifestyle.
The DCA Home Learning Accounting course provides training in the core skills needed to embark on a rewarding career in accountancy. The distance learning Accounting course is specially designed, allowing you to learn the skills of Accounting through flexible and cost-effective home study at your own time and pace.
With the distance learning Accounting course, a specialist course advisor, online support resources and student services team are available to help you throughout the course. What's more, because the distance learning accounting course is so comprehensive, no prior knowledge or skills are required. The DCA Accounting course provides an entry level diploma which means you could then further your studies and complete the full CAT Accounting ACCA qualification accredited by the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants.
If you'd like to earn more money and enjoy a professional accounting career with status and job security, the DCA home study Accounting course is the ideal distance learning training course for you.
The DCA Home Learning Accounting course consists of the following content:
Module 1: Recording Financial Transactions
· Business transactions and documentation
· Basic Bookkeeping
· Banking and petty cash
· Recording sales and purchases
· Control Accounts and the initial trial balance
Module 2: Information for Management Control
· Computing systems: safety, confidentiality and security
· Security and legal issues
· Management information
· Income and expenditure
· Elements of cost
· Cost centres and profit reporting
· Source documents
· Organisational structures
· Comparisons and variances
· Marginal costing
Module 3: Maintaining Financial Records
· Further bookkeeping: recording transactions, trial balance and final accounts
· Accounting standards, principles and policies
· Fixed assets and depreciation
· Control accounts, reconciliation and errors
· Adjustments to trial balance
· Final accounts
Module 4: Accounting for Costs
· Management Information
· Cost classification
· Elements of cost
· Marginal costing and absorption costing
· Product and service costs
· Estimating costs and revenues
|"I was very pleased with the training programme. It was thorough and I would recommend the programme to anyone interested." — Aaron M|