Study at home learning to work as a Florist.
If you want a career in Floristry, our tutor supported open distance learning Floral Design and Arrangements course provides the necessary knowledge, skills and qualification without disrupting your current lifestyle.
The DCA Home Learning Floral Design and Arrangements course provides training in the core skills needed to embark on a rewarding career as a Florist. The DCA supported self-study Floral Design and Arrangements course is specially designed, allowing you to learn the skills of Floral Design and Arrangements through flexible and cost-effective home study at your own time and pace.
With the DCA Home Learning Floral Design and Arrangements course, online study resources and a personal tutor are available to guide you throughout the course, and your Student Advisor is a Freephone call away. What's more, because the distance learning Floral Design and Arangements course is so comprehensive, no prior knowledge or skills are required. The DCA Floral Design and Arrangements course provides an entry level diploma as proof our your competence and skills.
If you'd like to earn more money and enjoy working in Floral Design and Arrangements, the DCA home study course is the ideal distance learning training course for you.
Theory and Design
This module provides you with a background to floral design. It should be the catalyst for your creative development in the area of floral design.
• The history of floral design
• Design principles and elements
• Harmony; unity; colour
• Balance; proportion; scale
• Line; form; space
• Depth; texture; fragrance
• Tools and containers
• The mechanics of floral design
• Focal point and rhythm
Basic Techniques and Styles
Understanding the structure of flowers will aid the designer in the selection and proper care of flowers.
• Nomenclature and post-harvest physiology
• Care and handling
• Flower and foliage forms
• Basic shapes of floral arrangements
• Seasonal, holiday and special occasion designs
• Flowers to wear
• Everlasting flowers
• Drying and preservation techniques
• Corsage and boutonniere construction techniques
• Understanding the floral holidays
Advanced Techniques and Styles
The retail aspect of floral design is emphasised here. To become a talented floral designer is to make a life-long commitment to learning.
• The oriental style of design
• Contemporary design styles and techniques
• Wedding flower arrangements
• Sympathy flower arrangements
• Harvest and distribution
• The retail flower shop
• The retail aspect of floral design
• Selling techniques, employee roles
• The shop layout
• Career opportunities in floral design
|Thank you for an excellent course. I shall be looking to do another one very shortly. — Claire Gill|
|Thank you for your constant support and thoughts. Very much appreciated. — Donna Page|