Study at home learning to work in Electrical Installation.
If you want a career in Electrical Installation, our tutor supported open distance learning Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course provides the necessary knowledge, skills and qualification without disrupting your current lifestyle.
The DCA Home Learning Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course provides training in the core skills needed to embark on a rewarding career in Electrical Installation. The DCA supported self-study Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course is specially designed, allowing you to learn the skills of Electrical Installation through flexible and cost-effective home study at your own time and pace.
With the DCA Home Learning Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course, online study resources and a personal tutor are available to guide you throughout the course, and your Student Advisor is a Freephone call away. What's more, because the distance learning Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course is so comprehensive, no prior knowledge or skills are required. The DCA Electrician: Introduction to Electrical Installation course provides an entry level diploma as proof our your competence and skills.
If you'd like to earn more money and enjoy working as an Electrician, the DCA home study course is the ideal distance learning training course for you.
Module 1: Domestic Electrical Wiring
• The UK generation, transmission and distribution system
• Domestic electrical installations
• The importance of earthing and bonding
• Circuit design
• Inspection and Testing
• Security alarm and telephone systems
Module 2: Electrical Installation Work, Part 1
• Basic information and calculations
• Measuring current and voltages
• Resistance power and energy
• Capacitors and capacitance
• Resistance, induction,and capacitance in installation work
• Three phase circuits
• Motors and generators
• Cells and batteries
• Illumination and ELV lighting
• Electricity, the environment and the community
• Health and Safety
Module 3: Electrical Installation Work, Part 2
• The electrical contracting industry
• Installation circuits and systems
• Earthing and bonding
• Protection issues
• Designing circuits
• Measurement and electrical work
• Basic electronic technology
• Electronics diagrams
Programme contents are mapped to City & Guilds Electrical Technology Engineering
|Just a quick note to thank you for your support. I have found the course challenging but enjoyable - an excellent foundation base for anyone wishing to do electrical installation. — Graham Rutter|
|I recently completed your Introduction to Electrical Installations course and thoroughly enjoyed it. — Brett Wrighton|