Get your work on the top of the editor’s pile!
You love writing, don’t you? But if you have already submitted some of your work to prospective publishers you will have discovered what a competitive world it is.
We have good news. This DCA distance learning course has been specifically designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge you need to get your writing on the top of the editor’s pile.
Whether you are aiming high for a career as a children’s author or simply love writing children’s books as a hobby, through the DCA Writing Books for Children course you will gain an understanding in the art and business of writing stories for children.
Children are a unique audience - more challenging than many new authors realise. Our learning materials will give you a broad exposure to virtually every type of children’s storybook, including fiction, verse and non-fiction.
You will be able to develop your writing skills with the knowledge that your work is more likely to get noticed by publishers and enjoyed by the people who really count - the young readers themselves.
The Course includes:
• Assessing your tools as a writer
• Plot, character and thinking through the story
• How to use dialogue
• Revising and polishing your story
• Reflecting a child’s world
• Building a career in children’s books
• Getting your work published
As a DCA student, your course fee covers everything you will need to complete the Writing Books for Children home study course successfully and earn a DCA Diploma accredited by NCFE:
• All textbooks, study guides, and learning aids designed for distance learning
• A full range of student services, including on-line assessments
• A personalised diploma upon course completion
• Unlimited educational support by e-mail or freephone
• Free postage and packaging.
Get started today, and you can earn your Writing Books for Children Diploma in as little as six months, or take up to two years, if you prefer – the choice is yours.
|"Really interesting and very very easy to follow. When I put my daughter to sleep I look forward to studying." — Maria O.|